Monday, December 7, 2009

Home Sweet Fullerton #1: Hibbleton

This week is the debut of Home Sweet Fullerton -- a monthly blog post of my favorite people,  places and things in Fullerton.  

Hibbleton Art Gallery strays away from the norm by opening its doors for intimate showings of art in all platforms. Just recently I attended a poetry reading, Open Heart Perjury, hosted my dear friend: poet Michael Roberts of thehopemeat.com  He so kindly wore The Head Shop's Oh Yoko Tee while reciting poetry and introducing artists. A very much appreciated favor in return for me purchasing a copy of his book,  No More Poems About The Moon (available @ WriteBloody.com). Very kind indeed, since I was short $6. Thanks Michael!  In the end it was a good swap between two starving artists.

Among the talent, was a rough and ready little punk rawk band, The Dirty Bills. The Bills also call Fullerton their hometown. For all these reasons I make it a point to stop by and check out the newest exhibition at Hibbleton--always something fresh and inspiring. When Hibbleton isn't hosting an event, it's open Thursday through Sunday, 1p-6p. Books, clothing and art are for sale. 


 Current exhibition: RUGS! RUGS! RUGS! Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo presents a selection of 12 rugs with imagery from his 'Postcard Diaries' image bank


Join us @ Hibbleton Holiday Handmade Sale (organized by MelissaLoschy of Handmade Brigade of OC) on Saturday, December 19th, 4p-8p. The Head Shop is super excited to have been invited to an event in our town! See you there. 


Visit Hibbleton
112 W. Wilshire Ave. 
Fullerton, CA 92832 
714.441.2857 



2 comments:

shawnr said...

im really excited about your weekly blog and look forward to being with you when you are inspired by this city. i love you.

n s&s said...

OMG. My I know of the guy who is running this gallery. Anthony? or something. He was one of my classmates. I think. Wooo.